Saturday, June 2, 2012

30&T

Thirty and Thriving, Right?

There were lots going through my mind two weekends ago on my birthday. The playlist? Yes, D. Carter's line of "I still remember when 30 was old...," Tim McGraw's "My Next 30 Years," and Point of Grace- "Blue Skies" (because for ONCE, on my birthday-- it was absolute sunshine and not a monsoon).

I was surprised to be diagnosed just days before my birthday with gestational diabetes--which made for an interesting day when I would usually crave chocolate chip cookie cake. But because of this, the day was mixed with a grand shift in perspective--and a focus on the things I had been given that will last.

I know the medical news threw Josh off just a bit. He wanted to serve me more for breakfast than water and eggs, but he never let on. He just about gave me the best birthday ever a low carb girl could ask for.  I was able to have manis and pedis with my friends in the afternoon. I had a pic to post of the four of us, but I think two of them would kill me because they were in their running attire from the morning. I may be 30, but I'm not near ready to die.

Later that evening Josh took me out for a fanciful dinner at Maggiano's in the Galleria. He had lots of surprises up his sleeve...which I loved.

Thank you Josh, for making my day so special -- EGD (every girl's dream).

For ME? 

Flowers from J. 3 Words- Plants and Petals. Take note, my friends. 
BEST place for floral arrangements HANDS DOWN. :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment